I am so excited to announce my very first photography workshop! It will be held here in the Austin, Texas area on October 24th, 2015. You can click HERE to get more details and register.
Teaching you how to use ambient light to create awe-inspiring images.
In this one-day workshop you will learn how to use the sun to your advantage under any circumstance. You’ll learn to recognize it, experiment with it and take chances with it. Whether the day is sunny, cloudy or rainy, I will show you how to use the light to your advantage. It is hands on, visual learning experience. Nothing technical and overwhelming.
The day is broken into two parts: an indoor lifestyle newborn session + an outdoor portrait session. The day will start with an early breakfast meet & greet then we will head to an in-home lifestyle newborn shoot. If you are that photographer that always worries about showing up to client’s home only to find that it is a dungeon with zero light or that the baby will fuss and never sleep then this workshop is for you. I’ll show you how to find the light & shoot in it from a variety of angles while only positioning the baby only a few times. We’ll create meaningful lifestyle photos that speak to the client. You’ll also learn what to do if the baby is uncooperative and how to optimize your shooting time while you’re there. We’ll cover my workflow from the moment I enter until the moment I leave. Next we’ll grab lunch, have a Q&A, review/critique images & I will give a short editing tutorial. Then the day will end with the outdoor lifestyle shoot (subjects vary). Here I’ll teach you how to find the best natural light, how to acheive different types of backlit images (weather permitting) & I will demonstrate how to properly expose, meter & focus in these lighting situations.
List of what you’ll learn
- How to prepare your clients for their session
- Tips on how to utilize your client’s home decor to create clean & simple images
- Newborn soothing techniques
- Brief processing showing how to edit photos in each lighting scenario mentioned above
- Tips for how to ‘fix’ badly exposed photos in photoshop
- How to find the best natural light indoors and outdoors
- How to achieve different backlit looks like haze, sun flare, rim lighting & silhouettes
- Easy ways to remember how to shoot backlit images
- How to correctly position your subjects to the sun
- Ways to nail sharp focus
- How to choose the best wine to go with your dinner (heehee…..for those who stick around after our cameras are put away).